BI Functional Analyst
"At Manuchar we like to MoveIT! In 2022 we moved to a next level in unlocking the value of our data by replacing our core legacy systems and removing future barriers. A digital first & customer value approach in various ideation sessions resulted in a Digital Transformation Roadmap for the upcoming years.
Do you want to be a crucial part of our journey and contribute to the realization of this roadmap?"
As BI Functional Analyst you will add value to our company by providing insights into processes and business results through data, together with the BI data team.
Your main responsibilities are:
- providing the business with their information needs by analysing, designing, defining, recording and elaborating the functional requirements and wishes
- provide documentation, conducting meetings and providing presentations to share ideas and findings
- structuring the requirements process
- ensure that the business wishes / requirements and the source data are translated into clear user stories for our (front end & back end) developers
- dividing this into logical parts with the aim of quickly delivering added value to the business
- making sure that the delivered data products meet the quality requirements, together with the team (BI team, Data governance)
- being a SPOC for business stakeholders by building bridges between our business and the BI team
- providing support to the users during user acceptance testing
- ensuring that you are constantly aware of evolutions and developments within your field and sharing this knowledge with the team
- using best practices and guidelines
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree combined with relevant experience as a senior BI Analyst (at least 3-5 years).
- You have relevant work experience with the independent analysis, description and support of business/information processes.
- You have thorough knowledge of the business processes and know the systems that support these.
- You have thorough knowledge of
- PowerBI and / or other data visualization tools for analysis purposes
- SQL scripting
- BI & datamodeling methodologies
- Excel, Visio, other office tools
- all kinds of statistical functions & visualizations (graphs, etc)
- You are a team player but at the same time independent and feel comfortable working in a cross-functional team.
- You have an analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
- You are hands-on with a ‘can do/ problem solving attitude’.
- You are proactive, flexible and pay attention to detail.
- You will share your knowledge with your direct colleagues.
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar, headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium is a leading distributor of chemicals in emerging markets. We complement our Chemical Distribution business with International Trade Services in steel, polymers and several other raw materials.
In 2022 we handled 4 million metric tons of goods, generating 2.8 billion USD in sales. Our local operations are in over 35 countries and 160 locations. Manuchar employs 2,600 professionals worldwide.
At Manuchar "We keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Manuchar offers you
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast-growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV through our online tool CvWarehouse.