Looking for a challenging compliance opportunity within an international corporate company? By joining our self-steering Legal & Compliance team in our headquarters (Antwerp), you will take on a critical role in providing compliance support to our global trading and distribution activities. In close collaboration with your team and other departments, you will support the further growth of Manuchar, by managing the regulatory risks in the many countries where Manuchar is active.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You support the further development of the compliance framework for the group to ensure a structured approach to compliance with clear roles and responsibilities.
- You be the key contract person for the business on one or more specific compliance topics, for example third party risk management, anti-bribery and corruption, sanctions and general financial crime compliance, compliance monitoring, compliance training or compliance M&A due diligence.
- You support to the business and a network of local compliance responsible of each of our local operations to ensure both knowledge sharing and systematic reporting.
- You develop and maintain strong business partner relationships with stakeholders in the different business units and countries.
- You have obtained at minimum a Bachelor Degree in Law, business economics or equivalent through experience.
- You are passionate about Compliance and keep yourself up-to date on the geo-political developments.
- You have at least 2 years of experience within a compliance department and have experience in one or more of the below areas: customer due diligence, trade control product regulations, third party risk management, anti-bribery and corruption, sanctions and general financial crime compliance; compliance investigations (including whistleblowing management); compliance training (including Learning Management Systems); M&A compliance due diligence and integration.
- You are fluent in English; knowledge of Dutch, Spanish or Portuguese is definitely a plus.
- You are business oriented with a problem solving / pragmatic approach.
- You work meticulously, have a hands-on mentality and you quickly gain insights into new matters.
- You are empathic, have a team attitude and your (verbal and written) communication is strong.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar, headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium is a leading distributor of chemicals in emerging markets. We complement our Chemical Distribution business with International Trade Services in steel, polymers and several other raw materials.
In 2022 we handled 4 million metric tons of goods, generating 2.8 billion USD in sales. Our local operations are in over 35 countries and 160 locations. Manuchar employs 2,600 professionals worldwide.
At Manuchar "We keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Manuchar offers you
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits.
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents.
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast-growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV through our online tool CVWarehouse.