At Manuchar we like to MoveIT! From 2022 and onwards, we want to go to the next level in unlocking the value of our data and will be replacing our core systems and removing future barriers. Do you want to be a crucial part of our journey towards that goal?
As Service Manager you are responsible for the daily management of the service desk in which you act as an escalation point towards the business and colleagues. In this, you are responsible for the coaching of our Service Desk Agents (5 local + 2 global). You are also responsible for the development (together with the Governance manager) and implementation of ITIL-processes and subsequent maintenance and follow-up. You will also be creating and following up on work instructions, building up a service-catalogue and (end-user) documentation. Lastly, you will follow-up & maintain the IT-stock and the device life cycle.
Your main responsibilities are:
- defining/formulating/managing/monitoring the definition of Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- acting as a SPOC for the various business stakeholders in alignment with the Head of Running Services – specifically in the case of identifying and (proactively) resolving the root cause of incidents.
- managing the staff who monitor, report, and fulfil the SLAs and are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of our systems.
- contributing to the development of the maintenance budget.
- taking proactive action to ensure stable and secure applications and our ICT-infrastructure to avoid potential service disruptions, attending to capacity planning and information security.
- updating operational document library and logging all service incidents.
- maintaining monitoring and management tools (i.e., scripts, procedures).
- deploying a knowledge system based on the recurrence of common errors.
- optimizing system or component performance.
- helping to build an international service desk in the long term.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree combined with relevant experience as Service (desk) Manager in IT (5-10 years). Ideally, you also have practical experience as service agent.
- You can coach/mentor your team and are able to address learning needs (team of 5-10 employees).
- You are an experienced leader with good leadership skills.
- You are proactive and have a problem-solving mind.
- You can think out-of-the-box.
- You are service-oriented and customer-oriented.
- You have good negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of the ITIL processes is required. (Certification is a plus)
- Experience with configuring and maintaining ESM tooling is a plus
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Good knowledge of other languages is a plus.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar, headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium is a leading distributor of chemicals in emerging markets. We complement our Chemical Distribution business with International Trade Services in steel, polymers and several other raw materials.
In 2021 we handled 4.6 million metric tons of goods, generating 2.5 billion USD in sales. Our local operations are in over 35 countries and 170 locations. Manuchar employs 2,200 professionals worldwide.
At Manuchar "We keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Manuchar offers you
- A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment.
- Cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture.
- An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits.
- A nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents.
- Truly international working environment. More than 30 different nationalities in Antwerp alone.
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast-growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV through our online application tool CVWarehouse.