At Manuchar we like to MoveIT! From 2022 and onwards, we want to go to the next level in unlocking the value of our data and will be replacing our core systems and removing future barriers.
Do you want to be a crucial part of our journey towards that goal?
As Lead Developer you will handle back-end development (Spring, Java) as well as coaching your development colleagues.
Your main responsibilities are:
back-end development while having notions of front-end (React)
investigating and solving difficult technical questions & highlighting pitfalls and advantages of different solutions
keeping an overview of the functional analysis at all times in order to choose the best technical solutions, considering development time and maintainability by all developers
stepping in for technical issues not on the radar of the functional analyst or the team
making global and detailed estimations for future developments
creating Manuchar coding standards
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree combined with relevant experience as a senior developer (3 to 5 years of experience).
- You have a broad experience in Java, Spring boot; Hibernate, JPA and REST API.
- You have experience in Microsoft SQL Server.
- You ideally have knowledge of REACT.
- You are used to working in an Agile environment
- You are used to participating in Functional Refinement and Poker Planning.
- You are used to leading the Technical Refinement.
- Knowledge of DevOps is a plus.
- You have strong communication skills and succeed in building good relations.
- You are proactive, adaptive and think in terms of solutions instead of problems.
- You are able to maintain a global overview at all times.
- You are punctual and self-disciplined.
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar, headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium is a leading distributor of chemicals in emerging markets. We complement our Chemical Distribution business with International Trade Services in steel, polymers and several other raw materials.
In 2022 we handled 4 million metric tons of goods, generating 2.8 billion USD in sales. Our local operations are in over 35 countries and 160 locations. Manuchar employs 2,600 professionals worldwide.
At Manuchar "We keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Manuchar offers you
a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast-growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV through our online application tool CVWarehouse.