We are looking for a legal counsel to join the Legal team in the Antwerp headquarters. In this role, you will support the further growth of the global commercial activities of Manuchar and you will help managing the legal and regulatory risks in Belgium and in the many countries where the Manuchar group is active.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Providing functional legal support and advice in the different areas of an international business context (commercial contracts, business projects, investments, transport and logistics, real estate, IT contracts, corporate housekeeping,…) and with respect to specific regulations (such as competition law and trade sanctions).
- Contract drafting and negotiation of mainly commercial and maritime contracts.
- Managing litigation and, in co-operation with commercial colleagues, determining the strategy for (potential) litigation cases.
- Managing a network of local counsel in relation to all of the above.
- Developing and maintaining strong business partner relationships with the commercial teams in Antwerp and abroad as well as with the financial department and other supporting units.
- Drafting policies on legal topics and organizing internal trainings on legal and compliance topics.
You will be a member of the legal and compliance team which consists of 8 members. You will handle your affairs independently and will report to the Head of Legal & Compliance.
- You have obtained a Master Degree in Law from a first rate (Belgian or foreign) law school.
- You have at least 6 years’ experience as an in-house lawyer and/or as a lawyer in an international law firm with expertise in maritime law matters and commercial law in general.
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and Spanish. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- You are well experienced in writing contracts in an international context.
- You are business-oriented, solution-minded, you have an eye for details and have good analytical skills.
- You like working autonomously and yet also show team spirit and are able to build a relationship of trust.
- You are open minded and feel comfortable in a fast moving, multicultural and flat organization.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar, headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium is a leading distributor of chemicals in emerging markets. We complement our Chemical Distribution business with International Trade Services in steel, polymers and several other raw materials.
In 2022 we handled 4 million metric tons of goods, generating 2.8 billion USD in sales. Our local operations are in over 35 countries and 160 locations. Manuchar employs 2,600 professionals worldwide.
At Manuchar "We keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Manuchar offers you
- A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment.
- Cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture.
- An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits.
- A nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents.
- Truly international working environment. More than 30 different nationalities in Antwerp alone.
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast-growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV through our online application tool CVWarehouse.