Every employee plays an active part in our success story. At Manuchar, we support every talent in finding his/her career path within an inspiring international working environment.
As Procurement expert, you are the main point of contact for sourcing operations of our affiliates, in the Mediterranaen Region. You will act as so called “procurement specialist of our affiliates” and negotiate-coordinate purchases and logistics from different sources around the world.
- First receive an introduction to file administrations / operational coordination and learn all aspects of international trade.
- Gradually evolve to procurement expert position and start working with the affiliates to coordinate their procurement of chemicals from various sources in different parts of the world.
- Actively search new sources/products, which can contribute to the strategic focus of the affiliates
- Negotiate best value on procurement while keeping excellent relationship with our sourcing offices or/and suppliers
- Seek the best value on logistics arrangements (freight negotiations, relationship with shipping lines, etc), to deliver cargoes in most optimal way to destinations, whether it is FCL-breakbulk-railway
- Provide all types of commercial support to affiliates sales teams as single point of global contact
- Be working closely with the affiliate managers and sales teams and reporting to senior trader of the region at HQ, who will couch and guide you on day to day business
In this job you will have the unique opportunity to gather a lot of knowledge about different aspects of supply chain; sourcing, planning, maritime & local logistics, commercial negotiations of contracts and work in multicultural environment.
- Most important is your personality: we are looking for a go-getter, proactive and commercial person who loves a challenge.
- Ideally, you already gained experience in an international trade administration, logistics or chemicals purchase/sales role, but young graduates eager to learn are also welcome.
- You understand (and enjoy!) the complexities of supply chain and have a good understanding of end-to-end logistic processes.
- You want to combine commercial and operational tasks.
- You have strong negotiation skills and you don't let yourself be easily swayed.
- You are an enthusiastic and goal-oriented person who likes to take initiative and can handle a large degree of autonomy, and yet be a good team player.
- You are a hands-on kind of person who is not afraid of different challenges and can perform well under pressure.
- You are able to put yourself in the customer’s shoes, are creative and willing to go ‘the extra mile’.
- You are fluent in English. Any other language, especially Turkish-Arabic is a plus but no must.
- You would love to work in true multicultural environment.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar, headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium is a leading distributor of chemicals in emerging markets. We complement our Chemical Distribution business with International Trade Services in steel, polymers and several other raw materials.
In 2021 we handled 4.6 million metric tons of goods, generating 2.5 billion USD in sales. Our local operations are in over 35 countries and 170 locations. Manuchar employs 2,200 professionals worldwide.
At Manuchar "We keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Manuchar offers you
- A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- Cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- A pleasant workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast-growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV through our online application tool CVWarehouse.